Ranchi celebrates Dhoni birthday
Ranchi: Friends and well wishers of Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Saturday celebrated his birthday in his absence but with much fanfare as the cricketer completed 31 years.
Dhoni, who was born in 1981, is out of Ranchi along with his wife, said one of his close friends.
Wishing Dhoni, his club-time coach Chanchal Bhattacharya said, "My wish has always been to see Dhoni holding cups. Let his team win all future championships and all-version series."
Bhattacharya said Dhoni`s parents and other members of the family celebrated his birthday at home.
The Kaya, a salon where Dhoni usually drops in to have a hair cut when in town, also celebrated his birthday by cutting a cake.
"We have been celebrating Dhoni`s birthday for the last few years, and today about 20 students gathered at the institute, cut cake and distributed sweets to mark the day," said the Director of Indus Fashion Academy M S Hussain.
Musician Raj Kumar Pathak, a keen follower of Dhoni, said he was composing a song for the cricketer.
Dhoni made his debut in 2004. He has played 67 Tests, 206 ODIs and scored 3,509 and 6,773 runs respectively. He scripted the World Cup victory after 28 years, besides lifting the first T20- World championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP