Sreesanth to tie the knot Thursday
Kochi: Controversial former India pace bowler S. Sreesanth will tie the knot with a girl from the Jaipur royal family, a jewellery designer by profession, at the famed Guruvayoor Sree Krishna temple in Kerala Thursday morning.
Pre-wedding ceremonies were held at a private hotel here Wednesday attended by the close relatives of Sreesanth and the bride Bhuveneshwari Kumari. She along with her family arrived here from Rajasthan Dec 8.
The couple has been going steady for the past few years and she stood by him in times of crisis when he was jailed following a spot-fixing scandal which took place during the last edition of the Indian Premier League.
The couple will go to Sreesanth`s ancestral home in Kothamangalam in Ernakulam district after the wedding, followed by a reception here Thursday, sources close to the fast bowler told IANS.
After his arrest May 16 and subsequent imprisonment till June 11, Sreesanth was banned from all forms of the game by the Board of Control for Cricket in India after a probe by the country`s cricket body.
Sreesanth has been charged under the draconian Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and the case has now been posted for Dec 18.
Sreesanth is only the second Keralite to represent the country and has played in 27 Tests (87 wickets), 53 ODIs (75 wickets) and 10 T20s (seven wickets).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre