Steyn to star in Hollywood flick with Sandler and Barrymore
Johannesburg: South African fast bowler Dale Steyn is all set to make a guest appearance in a Hollywood flick starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.
Steyn, known as the Phalaborwa Express, flew to Hollywood, Los Angeles, last week to shoot for the family drama Family Moon. The film will also see a cameo from former basketball big man Shaquille O’Neal.
The movie, directed by Frank Coraci is set for release next year. Steyn is playing the role of a South African cricketer.
The film explores the growing phenomenon of blended families. The story revolves around a couple who, after a disastrous blind date, find themselves stuck together with their children from previous marriage.
Steyn said he was having an “amazing” time on set with Sandler and the rest of the cast.
“The whole thing was amazing. Adam was great. He really made me feel welcome. They all did. The team at Warner Brothers and Happy Madison Productions were so friendly and professional," Steyn was quoted as saying by IOL.
“It was also great meeting people like Drew Barrymore and Shaq O’Neil. Shaq is huge. I come up to his shoulder,” he said.
Though it is only a cameo role, Steyn said he was having fun playing the role of a South African cricketer.
“I have to pitch/bowl to Drew’s son, whom Adam is coaching. In typical Adam Sandler style, we have a few issues as I bounce the ball instead of pitching over the plate. It’s going to be very funny,” said Steyn, who is also a huge Sandler fan.
“He (Sandler) is a really nice guy, and is funny off set as well,” Steyn said.
“After watching years of his movies I felt like I knew him already. He has a great family and it was a pleasure spending time with them. We chatted quite a bit, we spent all day just shooting that one scene, so we kind of just hung out all day. I am not sure if he had heard of me before, but we are friends now,” he said.
Steyn was pleasently surprised to see Sandler in a Proteas shirt when he invited to the actor`s home for dinner.
“When I walked in he was wearing the Proteas shirt. That was pretty cool,” he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?