Wasim Akram to marry Australian woman
Melbourne: Wasim Akram has got engaged to a former public relations consultant from Melbourne after proposing her on his knee.
The 47-year-old cricketer proposed to Shaniera Thompson, 30, from Brighton, in their lounge room, the Herald Sun reported.
Thompson, who has converted to Islam, will now call Pakistan her home.
She asserted that it was the romantic moment of her life, as it was so genuine; she further explained that the legendary bowler had asked her about her dream proposal and she had told him that she would like it to be at a private place.
Akram, whose first wife Huma died in 2009, said that he had never thought about a second marriage but is happy to have found love again after meeting Thompson in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman