Kamran Akmal`s family robbed at gunpoint near Lahore home
Lahore: Pakistani cricketer Kamran Akmal`s relatives were robbed of 1.5 million rupees, jewellery, mobile phones and other personal items while on their way to attend a wedding ceremony near their home in Lahore.
Salman, Akmal`s brother-in-law, said that he along with his mother Riffat Ilyas and other family members were going to his uncle`s house located in Iqbal Town when the robbery took place on Sunday.
"When we reached the outskirts of our uncle`s house, two unidentified motorcyclists, equipped with sophisticated weapons approached us from behind and held us on gunpoint," a newspaper quoted Salman, as saying.
He claimed that the unidentified robbers managed to escape with a one thousand dollar diamond ring, 25 tolay jewellery, imported wristwatches, mobile phones and cash.
Meanwhile, Iqbal Town Police officer Faisal said that investigation is underway to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security