1st round defeats for Somdev, Divij-Raja pair in Challengers
Istanbul: After a terrific performance at the US Open, Somdev Devvarman has made a shock first round exit from the ATP Challenger event in Istanbul.
Somdev, seeded second, lost 2-6 3-6 to Russian Konstantin Kravchuk in the opening round the USD 75,000 hard court event.
It was first meeting Somdev, ranked 101 and Konstantin, who is placed 74 places below the Indian in the ATP ranking charts.
Somdev had won four matches in the US Open, before losing the second of singles main draw to Italian Andreas Seppi.
Meanwhile at the euro 64,000 Petange Challenger event in Luxembourg, third seeded pair of
Divij Sharan and Purab Raja also bowed in the first round after a 3-6 3-6 defeat against Maximilian Neuchrist of Austria and Jurgen Zopp of Estonia.
Divij also had outstanding performance at the US Open, reaching pre-quarterfinals with Taipei partner Yen-Hsun Lu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof