Aisam denies intention of switching partners
Islamabad: Pakistan’s tennis ace Aisamul Haq has said he has no intentions of switching his current doubles team mate Jean-Julean Rojer.
Aisam and his doubles partner crashed out of the first round of the Monte Carlo Masters, and is now aiming to win at the Madrid Open and the Rome Masters to improve his rankings, The Express Tribune reports.
“Rojer is a good player and I am going to stick with him. The question of switching doesn’t exist right now. I might consider it later but for now I don’t have any other name in mind. Similarly, I’ll be pairing with Czech Republic’s Andrea Hlavackova in the mixed doubles,” Asiam said.
According to his website, aisamquereshi.com, Pakistan’s participation in the men’s doubles at the London Games would depend on both Aisam and his Olympics doubles partner, Aqeel Khan, being in the world top ten rankings by June 11.
Aisam is currently battling a knee injury and has two weeks before the Rome Masters “I’m training and hoping that things will fall into place. But for now, its all about getting an entry in the Rome Masters If I can reach the final either in Rome or Real Madrid, I’ll be able to represent Pakistan in the Olympics,” he explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far