Azarenka beats Sara Errani to win WTA Championships opener
Johannesburg: World number two Victoria Azarenka has won the opening match of the WTA Championships on Tuesday by beating Italian Sara Errani 7-6 (4), 6-2.
Errani, who hurt her right calf in the third game of the second set and took a medical timeout to have it treated, had seemed to be bothered by the injury several times after the timeout and also seemed to favor her right leg.
According to Sport24, Azarenka`s win was her first since losing the US Open final to world number one Serena Williams , who was next on court against Angelique Kerber.
Meanwhile, the Belarussian player has said that watching her boyfriend Redfoo, the singer, dancer and rapper, has helped her deal better with the fame she has acquired over the last two years with her success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor