Bhupathi-Nestor, Sania-Mattek bow out of Indian Wells event
Indian Wells (USA): Indian challenge ended at the ATP Indian Wells Masters with the shock first round defeats of Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza in their respective events, here.
The third seeded pair of Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor bowed out of the men`s doubles with a 4-6 6-7 (4) defeat against Spaniard Feliciano Lopez and Milos Raonic of Canada.
Rohan Bopanna had also made a first round exit in the same event with American partner Rajeev Ram.
In the women`s doubles, eighth seeded team of Sania and America`s Bethanie Mattek-Sands went down fighting 7-6 (8) 3-6 6-10 against American Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur of Australia in their opening round clash.
Somdev Devvarman had failed to enter for the main draw of the men`s singles with the first-round defeat in the qualifiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!