Bhupathi-Nestor, Sania-Mattek bow out of Indian Wells event
Indian Wells (USA): Indian challenge ended at the ATP Indian Wells Masters with the shock first round defeats of Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza in their respective events, here.
The third seeded pair of Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor bowed out of the men`s doubles with a 4-6 6-7 (4) defeat against Spaniard Feliciano Lopez and Milos Raonic of Canada.
Rohan Bopanna had also made a first round exit in the same event with American partner Rajeev Ram.
In the women`s doubles, eighth seeded team of Sania and America`s Bethanie Mattek-Sands went down fighting 7-6 (8) 3-6 6-10 against American Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur of Australia in their opening round clash.
Somdev Devvarman had failed to enter for the main draw of the men`s singles with the first-round defeat in the qualifiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list