Bhupathi-Nestor, Sania-Mattek bow out of Indian Wells event
Indian Wells (USA): Indian challenge ended at the ATP Indian Wells Masters with the shock first round defeats of Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza in their respective events, here.
The third seeded pair of Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor bowed out of the men`s doubles with a 4-6 6-7 (4) defeat against Spaniard Feliciano Lopez and Milos Raonic of Canada.
Rohan Bopanna had also made a first round exit in the same event with American partner Rajeev Ram.
In the women`s doubles, eighth seeded team of Sania and America`s Bethanie Mattek-Sands went down fighting 7-6 (8) 3-6 6-10 against American Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur of Australia in their opening round clash.
Somdev Devvarman had failed to enter for the main draw of the men`s singles with the first-round defeat in the qualifiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Donald Trump victory could cause global recession: Citigroup
- US naval ship fired warning shots at Iranian vessel: official
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America