David Beckham struggles to master French
London: British soccer star David Beckham is struggling to master the French language since taking up a place on a Parisian team.
The 37-year-old joined Paris Saint-Germain Football Club this year after leaving Los Angeles Galaxy, but he isn`t picking up the local language as quickly as he had hoped.
Beckham admits it took him a year to start speaking Spanish while he was playing for Real Madrid earlier in his career, and fears his French isn`t sounding much better.
"I am too shy. When I was with Real Madrid it took me a year to learn a word of Spanish. But be patient - I will get there (with French)," he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing