David Beckham struggles to master French
London: British soccer star David Beckham is struggling to master the French language since taking up a place on a Parisian team.
The 37-year-old joined Paris Saint-Germain Football Club this year after leaving Los Angeles Galaxy, but he isn`t picking up the local language as quickly as he had hoped.
Beckham admits it took him a year to start speaking Spanish while he was playing for Real Madrid earlier in his career, and fears his French isn`t sounding much better.
"I am too shy. When I was with Real Madrid it took me a year to learn a word of Spanish. But be patient - I will get there (with French)," he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured