David Beckham struggles to master French
London: British soccer star David Beckham is struggling to master the French language since taking up a place on a Parisian team.
The 37-year-old joined Paris Saint-Germain Football Club this year after leaving Los Angeles Galaxy, but he isn`t picking up the local language as quickly as he had hoped.
Beckham admits it took him a year to start speaking Spanish while he was playing for Real Madrid earlier in his career, and fears his French isn`t sounding much better.
"I am too shy. When I was with Real Madrid it took me a year to learn a word of Spanish. But be patient - I will get there (with French)," he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Mobile communication partially restored in Kashmir Valley
- Madhavan delighted with 'Saala Khadoos' being lauded in Canada
- Ranveer Singh's 6-pack abs will give you serious fitness goals! Watch video
- Rio Olympics 2016: Neymar defends his party boy lifestyle
- Mayawati raises assault on Muslim women by vigilantes in Madhya Pradesh