David Beckham struggles to master French
London: British soccer star David Beckham is struggling to master the French language since taking up a place on a Parisian team.
The 37-year-old joined Paris Saint-Germain Football Club this year after leaving Los Angeles Galaxy, but he isn`t picking up the local language as quickly as he had hoped.
Beckham admits it took him a year to start speaking Spanish while he was playing for Real Madrid earlier in his career, and fears his French isn`t sounding much better.
"I am too shy. When I was with Real Madrid it took me a year to learn a word of Spanish. But be patient - I will get there (with French)," he was quoted as saying.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis