David Beckham struggles to master French
London: British soccer star David Beckham is struggling to master the French language since taking up a place on a Parisian team.
The 37-year-old joined Paris Saint-Germain Football Club this year after leaving Los Angeles Galaxy, but he isn`t picking up the local language as quickly as he had hoped.
Beckham admits it took him a year to start speaking Spanish while he was playing for Real Madrid earlier in his career, and fears his French isn`t sounding much better.
"I am too shy. When I was with Real Madrid it took me a year to learn a word of Spanish. But be patient - I will get there (with French)," he was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days