Divij, Raja move to semis of Claro Open
Colombia: Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja advanced to the semifinals of the ATP Claro Open came after recording a come-from-behind win over Nicholas Monroe and Vasek Pospisil, here.
The fourth seeded Indian duo beat American-Canadian combo 3-6 6-3 10-6 in the quarterfinals of the USD 638,085 hard court event.
After Divij`s serve was broken at 3-4, the Indians could not catch up and conceded the lead.
They saved three break points in the first few games and broke the rivals at 4-3 to take the set 6-3.
As has been the case in the last few tournaments, Divij and Raja excelled in the match tie-breakers and went on to win the match.
The Indians won 58 points to 60 of their rivals but still managed to win.
They play the top seeds from Colombia Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah in the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!