Divij, Raja move to semis of Claro Open
Colombia: Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja advanced to the semifinals of the ATP Claro Open came after recording a come-from-behind win over Nicholas Monroe and Vasek Pospisil, here.
The fourth seeded Indian duo beat American-Canadian combo 3-6 6-3 10-6 in the quarterfinals of the USD 638,085 hard court event.
After Divij`s serve was broken at 3-4, the Indians could not catch up and conceded the lead.
They saved three break points in the first few games and broke the rivals at 4-3 to take the set 6-3.
As has been the case in the last few tournaments, Divij and Raja excelled in the match tie-breakers and went on to win the match.
The Indians won 58 points to 60 of their rivals but still managed to win.
They play the top seeds from Colombia Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah in the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok