Divij, Raja move to semis of Claro Open
Colombia: Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja advanced to the semifinals of the ATP Claro Open came after recording a come-from-behind win over Nicholas Monroe and Vasek Pospisil, here.
The fourth seeded Indian duo beat American-Canadian combo 3-6 6-3 10-6 in the quarterfinals of the USD 638,085 hard court event.
After Divij`s serve was broken at 3-4, the Indians could not catch up and conceded the lead.
They saved three break points in the first few games and broke the rivals at 4-3 to take the set 6-3.
As has been the case in the last few tournaments, Divij and Raja excelled in the match tie-breakers and went on to win the match.
The Indians won 58 points to 60 of their rivals but still managed to win.
They play the top seeds from Colombia Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah in the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference