Divij, Raja move to semis of Claro Open
Colombia: Indian pair of Divij Sharan and Purav Raja advanced to the semifinals of the ATP Claro Open came after recording a come-from-behind win over Nicholas Monroe and Vasek Pospisil, here.
The fourth seeded Indian duo beat American-Canadian combo 3-6 6-3 10-6 in the quarterfinals of the USD 638,085 hard court event.
After Divij`s serve was broken at 3-4, the Indians could not catch up and conceded the lead.
They saved three break points in the first few games and broke the rivals at 4-3 to take the set 6-3.
As has been the case in the last few tournaments, Divij and Raja excelled in the match tie-breakers and went on to win the match.
The Indians won 58 points to 60 of their rivals but still managed to win.
They play the top seeds from Colombia Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah in the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'