Fabio Fognini triumphs in Hamburg final
Berlin: Fabio Fognini defeated qualifier Federico Delbonis 4-6, 7-6, 6-2 at the Hamburg Rothenbaum final to lift his second career title within two weeks.
The 26-year-old Italian raked in a prize money of $251,200 Sunday and joins the world`s top 20. Besides that, he extended his winning streak to 10 matches on clay as he already lifted the trophy in Stuttgart last week, reports Xinhua.
Argentine qualifier Delbonis, who upset Roger Federer at the semis, caught a bright start as he pulled clear 4-1. Fognini was able to level up but lost the first set to the world No.114.
At the second set Delbonis squandered three match balls while Fognini converted his first set point to seal the second set.
The Italian controlled the proceedings at the decisive set to utilise his first match ball after 2 hours and 27 minutes.
Delbonis will improve his ranking from world No. 114 to 62 whereas Fognini will improve from 25 to 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers