Federer beats Tipsarevic to reach Madrid Open finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Madrid: Roger Federer defeated Janko Tipsarevic 6-2 6-3 to reach the final of Madrid Open and setup the summit clash with the big serving Czech Tomas Berdych who defeated Juan Martin del Potro.
Apart from the possibility of winning 20th Masters title, Fedex has the opportunity move up the ranking to No.2 in the ATP Rankings surpassing spaniard Rafael Nadal who crashed out of the tournament in the third round.
Tipsarevic, who played terrific tennis defeating fellow countryman and World No.1 Novak Djokovic was blown away by Federer’s precision play hitting 25 winners.
Earlier, Tomas Berdych defeated Juan Martin del Potro 7-6 7-6 in the controversy blue clay court to reach the finals of the Madrid Open.
This was the Czech’ s third victory against the Argentine in six clashes. The World no. 7 and seeded sixth Berdych set down 15 aces in the match hitting 41 winners as opposed to the big Argentine’s 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy