Federer beats Tipsarevic to reach Madrid Open finals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Madrid: Roger Federer defeated Janko Tipsarevic 6-2 6-3 to reach the final of Madrid Open and setup the summit clash with the big serving Czech Tomas Berdych who defeated Juan Martin del Potro.
Apart from the possibility of winning 20th Masters title, Fedex has the opportunity move up the ranking to No.2 in the ATP Rankings surpassing spaniard Rafael Nadal who crashed out of the tournament in the third round.
Tipsarevic, who played terrific tennis defeating fellow countryman and World No.1 Novak Djokovic was blown away by Federer’s precision play hitting 25 winners.
Earlier, Tomas Berdych defeated Juan Martin del Potro 7-6 7-6 in the controversy blue clay court to reach the finals of the Madrid Open.
This was the Czech’ s third victory against the Argentine in six clashes. The World no. 7 and seeded sixth Berdych set down 15 aces in the match hitting 41 winners as opposed to the big Argentine’s 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra