French Open: Ferrer beats Murray to reach 1st French Open SF
Paris: Sixth-seeded David Ferrer beat No. 4 Andy Murray 6-4, 6-7 (3), 6-3, 6-2 Wednesday to reach the French Open semifinals for the first time.
In a match interrupted by a rain delay for about a half-hour early in the third set, Ferrer broke serve 10 times and played much cleaner tennis, making 32 unforced errors, 27 fewer than Murray.
Ferrer will face six-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal in an all-Spanish semifinal Friday. It`ll be the third Grand Slam semifinal of Ferrer`s career, but he`s never made it to a final.
Ferrer ended Murray`s streak of reaching at least the semifinals at five consecutive majors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan