French Open: Why Federer yelled at the crowd?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Paris: The crowd at Roland Garros on Monday got a taste of Roger Federer’s anger during his quarterfinal match against Juan Martin Del Potro.
Federer was two points down during the second set tiebreak after hitting one into the nets when he yelled at the crowd, asking them to “shut up”.
The Swiss apparently got infuriated due to the unnecessary noise the crowd was making that could’ve been affecting his concentration.
"That`s about as angry as you`ve ever seen Federer," John McEnroe was quoted as saying in reports.
The 16-time Grand Slam champion dropped the set but came back to claim the next three, reaching his 31st Grand Slam semifinal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up