Paes-Vesnina, Bhupathi-Sania in mixed doubles 2nd round
Paris : India`s Leander Paes and his Russian partner Elena Vesnina and two other Indians Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza are through to the second round of the mixed doubles at the French Open with straight-set victories.
The fifth-seeded Paes and Vesnina cruised past Czech pair Lucie Hardecka and Frantisek Cermak 6-1, 6-1 in 49 minutes Wednesday.
Bhupathi and Sania had to work a bit more to get the better of Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Eric Butorac 6-4, 6-2.
The seventh-seeded Indians, the 2010 Australian Open champions, did just enough to beat the American pair in a little over an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'