Paes-Vesnina, Bhupathi-Sania in mixed doubles 2nd round
Paris : India`s Leander Paes and his Russian partner Elena Vesnina and two other Indians Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza are through to the second round of the mixed doubles at the French Open with straight-set victories.
The fifth-seeded Paes and Vesnina cruised past Czech pair Lucie Hardecka and Frantisek Cermak 6-1, 6-1 in 49 minutes Wednesday.
Bhupathi and Sania had to work a bit more to get the better of Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Eric Butorac 6-4, 6-2.
The seventh-seeded Indians, the 2010 Australian Open champions, did just enough to beat the American pair in a little over an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post