Paes-Vesnina, Bhupathi-Sania in mixed doubles 2nd round
Paris : India`s Leander Paes and his Russian partner Elena Vesnina and two other Indians Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza are through to the second round of the mixed doubles at the French Open with straight-set victories.
The fifth-seeded Paes and Vesnina cruised past Czech pair Lucie Hardecka and Frantisek Cermak 6-1, 6-1 in 49 minutes Wednesday.
Bhupathi and Sania had to work a bit more to get the better of Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Eric Butorac 6-4, 6-2.
The seventh-seeded Indians, the 2010 Australian Open champions, did just enough to beat the American pair in a little over an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians