Italian teams stand in way of Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna
New York: Two unseeded Italian teams will be the first round opponents of Indo-Czech pair Leander Paes-Radek Stepanek and Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistan partner Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi in the men`s doubles at the US Open here.
Sixth seeded Paes and Stepanek will take on Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini in their opening match.
Bopanna and Qureshi, seeded 13th, will fight it out against Daniele Bracciali and Andreas Seppi for a place in the second round.
Meanwhile, the third Indian participant Sania Mirza and her Zimbabwean teammate Cara Black, who are seeded third, will play against Czech pair Karolina Pliskova and Kristyna Pliskova in the women`s doubles first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!