Italian teams stand in way of Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna
New York: Two unseeded Italian teams will be the first round opponents of Indo-Czech pair Leander Paes-Radek Stepanek and Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistan partner Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi in the men`s doubles at the US Open here.
Sixth seeded Paes and Stepanek will take on Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini in their opening match.
Bopanna and Qureshi, seeded 13th, will fight it out against Daniele Bracciali and Andreas Seppi for a place in the second round.
Meanwhile, the third Indian participant Sania Mirza and her Zimbabwean teammate Cara Black, who are seeded third, will play against Czech pair Karolina Pliskova and Kristyna Pliskova in the women`s doubles first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range