ITF juniors circuit Tennis tournament at Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The ITF Juniors Circuit (Grade-3) for U-18 boys and girls will be conducted by Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association (CLTA) here from January 6 to 11.
Announcing this here on Monday, Jai Singh Gill, President CLTA, said that highly-ranked boys and girls from 23 countries would be playing in this tournament.
The countries included United States of America, France, Great Britain, Uzbekistan, Russia, Canada, Australia and others.
The main draw for each of the two events for boys and girls consists of 32 players, of which 20 secure their entry as per their ITF ranking, while eight would be qualifiers and four would be given wild cards by the tournament committee, he said.
"The qualifying matches for this event will be played on January 4 and 5. All matches will be played on CLTA`s synthetic courts," he added.
The semifinals and finals would be played on the Centre Courts which were used for the Davis Cup tie between India and New Zealand in September 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred