ITF juniors circuit Tennis tournament at Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The ITF Juniors Circuit (Grade-3) for U-18 boys and girls will be conducted by Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association (CLTA) here from January 6 to 11.
Announcing this here on Monday, Jai Singh Gill, President CLTA, said that highly-ranked boys and girls from 23 countries would be playing in this tournament.
The countries included United States of America, France, Great Britain, Uzbekistan, Russia, Canada, Australia and others.
The main draw for each of the two events for boys and girls consists of 32 players, of which 20 secure their entry as per their ITF ranking, while eight would be qualifiers and four would be given wild cards by the tournament committee, he said.
"The qualifying matches for this event will be played on January 4 and 5. All matches will be played on CLTA`s synthetic courts," he added.
The semifinals and finals would be played on the Centre Courts which were used for the Davis Cup tie between India and New Zealand in September 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey