ITF juniors circuit Tennis tournament at Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The ITF Juniors Circuit (Grade-3) for U-18 boys and girls will be conducted by Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association (CLTA) here from January 6 to 11.
Announcing this here on Monday, Jai Singh Gill, President CLTA, said that highly-ranked boys and girls from 23 countries would be playing in this tournament.
The countries included United States of America, France, Great Britain, Uzbekistan, Russia, Canada, Australia and others.
The main draw for each of the two events for boys and girls consists of 32 players, of which 20 secure their entry as per their ITF ranking, while eight would be qualifiers and four would be given wild cards by the tournament committee, he said.
"The qualifying matches for this event will be played on January 4 and 5. All matches will be played on CLTA`s synthetic courts," he added.
The semifinals and finals would be played on the Centre Courts which were used for the Davis Cup tie between India and New Zealand in September 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender