It’s Nadal vs Djokovic for Rome title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Defending champion Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer in straight sets on Saturday to set up final showdown with Rafael Nadal at Rome Masters.
Aiming for a second consecutive claycourt title, Federer lost 2-6, 6-7 in the semi-final.
Djokovic termed the match as his best claycourt clash of the year.
"That was my best claycourt match of the year. I expected him to be aggressive but I stayed close to the baseline and I felt good all the way through," he said after the match.
On the other hand, world no. 3 Rafael Nadal overcame fellow countryman David Ferrer 7-6, 7-0 to reach the final.
Nadal will replace Federer in the rankings if he claims his sixth Rome title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you