It’s Nadal vs Djokovic for Rome title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Defending champion Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer in straight sets on Saturday to set up final showdown with Rafael Nadal at Rome Masters.
Aiming for a second consecutive claycourt title, Federer lost 2-6, 6-7 in the semi-final.
Djokovic termed the match as his best claycourt clash of the year.
"That was my best claycourt match of the year. I expected him to be aggressive but I stayed close to the baseline and I felt good all the way through," he said after the match.
On the other hand, world no. 3 Rafael Nadal overcame fellow countryman David Ferrer 7-6, 7-0 to reach the final.
Nadal will replace Federer in the rankings if he claims his sixth Rome title.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know