It’s Nadal vs Djokovic for Rome title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Defending champion Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer in straight sets on Saturday to set up final showdown with Rafael Nadal at Rome Masters.
Aiming for a second consecutive claycourt title, Federer lost 2-6, 6-7 in the semi-final.
Djokovic termed the match as his best claycourt clash of the year.
"That was my best claycourt match of the year. I expected him to be aggressive but I stayed close to the baseline and I felt good all the way through," he said after the match.
On the other hand, world no. 3 Rafael Nadal overcame fellow countryman David Ferrer 7-6, 7-0 to reach the final.
Nadal will replace Federer in the rankings if he claims his sixth Rome title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President
- 7th Pay Commission Notification: Know all about revised pay rules
- Life terms for 9 Filipinos over 2013 Malaysia incursion
- Kerry warns North Korea of `real consequences` for weapons programme