It’s Nadal vs Djokovic for Rome title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Defending champion Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer in straight sets on Saturday to set up final showdown with Rafael Nadal at Rome Masters.
Aiming for a second consecutive claycourt title, Federer lost 2-6, 6-7 in the semi-final.
Djokovic termed the match as his best claycourt clash of the year.
"That was my best claycourt match of the year. I expected him to be aggressive but I stayed close to the baseline and I felt good all the way through," he said after the match.
On the other hand, world no. 3 Rafael Nadal overcame fellow countryman David Ferrer 7-6, 7-0 to reach the final.
Nadal will replace Federer in the rankings if he claims his sixth Rome title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'