Juan Martin Del Potro grabs title in Rotterdam
The Hague: Juan Martin Del Potro won the 40th edition of the ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam defeating Frenchman Julien Benneteau 7-6(2), 6-3 in the final.
The second seeded Argentine only had trouble in the first set Sunday. Benneteau was able to break his service immediately, which meant the first break of the serve of Del Potro this tournament.
Del Potro, ranked seventh in the world, bounced back to get in front 5-3. Benneteau however, made a comeback of his own to enforce a tiebreak, in which the Del Potro was the strongest won 7-2.
In the second set the 24-year-old Del Potro managed to break his opponent`s serve quickly and held that advantage until the end. He captured his 14th ATP tournament title and dealt the 31-year-old Benneteau his eighth defeat in as many ATP finals.
Last year Del Potro lost the final of Rotterdam`s hard-court tournament to Roger Federer. The latter was ousted in the quarter-finals this year by Benneteau.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours