Juan Martin Del Potro grabs title in Rotterdam
The Hague: Juan Martin Del Potro won the 40th edition of the ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam defeating Frenchman Julien Benneteau 7-6(2), 6-3 in the final.
The second seeded Argentine only had trouble in the first set Sunday. Benneteau was able to break his service immediately, which meant the first break of the serve of Del Potro this tournament.
Del Potro, ranked seventh in the world, bounced back to get in front 5-3. Benneteau however, made a comeback of his own to enforce a tiebreak, in which the Del Potro was the strongest won 7-2.
In the second set the 24-year-old Del Potro managed to break his opponent`s serve quickly and held that advantage until the end. He captured his 14th ATP tournament title and dealt the 31-year-old Benneteau his eighth defeat in as many ATP finals.
Last year Del Potro lost the final of Rotterdam`s hard-court tournament to Roger Federer. The latter was ousted in the quarter-finals this year by Benneteau.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre