Juan Martin Del Potro grabs title in Rotterdam
The Hague: Juan Martin Del Potro won the 40th edition of the ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam defeating Frenchman Julien Benneteau 7-6(2), 6-3 in the final.
The second seeded Argentine only had trouble in the first set Sunday. Benneteau was able to break his service immediately, which meant the first break of the serve of Del Potro this tournament.
Del Potro, ranked seventh in the world, bounced back to get in front 5-3. Benneteau however, made a comeback of his own to enforce a tiebreak, in which the Del Potro was the strongest won 7-2.
In the second set the 24-year-old Del Potro managed to break his opponent`s serve quickly and held that advantage until the end. He captured his 14th ATP tournament title and dealt the 31-year-old Benneteau his eighth defeat in as many ATP finals.
Last year Del Potro lost the final of Rotterdam`s hard-court tournament to Roger Federer. The latter was ousted in the quarter-finals this year by Benneteau.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?