Li Na, Radwanska sail into second round of Madrid Open
Johannesburg: Chinese ace Li Na and her Polish counterpart Agnieszka Radwanska have sailed into the second round of the Madrid Open, sealing their place in the last-32 with their respective victories in the opening round.
The Australian Open champion has avoided a repeat of her shock first round exit at the tournament last year with a 6-1, 7-6 (9/7) win over Belgian Kirsten Flipkens on Monday and will next meet compatriot Jie Zheng in round two.
According to Sport24, number three seed Agnieszka Radwanska also sealed her place in the last 32 with a 7-6 (7/3), 6-2 win over Australian Open semi-finalist Eugenie Bouchard .
The Pole took complete control in the second with an early double break and served the match out to set up a second round clash with Russia`s Svetlana Kuznetsova, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie