Maria Sharapova outlasts Simona Halep to reach semis at Cincinnati
Ohio: Five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova reached the semi-finals of the Cincinnati tournament on Friday with a three set win over Simona Halep in a rematch of the French Open final.
The Russian, who won in three sets in Roland Garros earlier this year, rallied to defeat the second-seeded Romanian 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 and will play either Ana Ivanovic or Elina Svitolina for a spot in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media