Maria Sharapova outlasts Simona Halep to reach semis at Cincinnati
Ohio: Five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova reached the semi-finals of the Cincinnati tournament on Friday with a three set win over Simona Halep in a rematch of the French Open final.
The Russian, who won in three sets in Roland Garros earlier this year, rallied to defeat the second-seeded Romanian 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 and will play either Ana Ivanovic or Elina Svitolina for a spot in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city