Maria Sharapova outlasts Simona Halep to reach semis at Cincinnati
Ohio: Five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova reached the semi-finals of the Cincinnati tournament on Friday with a three set win over Simona Halep in a rematch of the French Open final.
The Russian, who won in three sets in Roland Garros earlier this year, rallied to defeat the second-seeded Romanian 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 and will play either Ana Ivanovic or Elina Svitolina for a spot in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends