Miami Masters: Tommy Haas stuns Novak Djokovic to enter quarters
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Florida: World No. 1 and defending champion Novak Djokovic bowed out of the Miami Masters after losing to Tommy Haas on Tuesday.
Hass won in straight sets 6-2, 6-4 in the fourth round to record the upset of the tournament.
The German who celebrates his 35th birthday on April 3 termed the win as unbelievable.
“This is crazy. Playing against someone like Novak and coming out on top at this time of my career, it`s unbelievable," Haas was quoted as saying in media reports.
Haas entered the quarterfinals of the event for the first time in his career and will now face No. 11 Gilles Simon, who defeated Janko Tipsarevic, 5-7, 6-2, 6-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees