Murray batters Baghdatis in Brisbane quarters
Brisbane: Top seed Andy Murray, who had battled to three-set victories in his previous matches, romped into the semi-finals of the Brisbane International on Friday with a 6-2, 6-2 thrashing of Marcos Baghdatis.
The world number four, bidding to break his grand slam drought at the Australian Open in Melbourne later this month, had been less than convincing in his two previous matches but was ruthless against the Cypriot.
The 24-year-old Briton broke the former Australian Open finalist`s serve on all four opportunities he got and served out in just 66 minutes.
Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters meets Slovakia`s Daniela Hantuchova in the first women`s semi-final later on Friday, while Francesca Schiavone meets Estonia`s Kaia Kanepi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Solar-powered plane to soar again on round-the-world flight
- India-born Sanjeev Gupta's Liberty House to bid for Tata Steel UK on Tuesday
- Deepika Padukone NOT in Salman Khan film?
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!