Murray batters Baghdatis in Brisbane quarters
Brisbane: Top seed Andy Murray, who had battled to three-set victories in his previous matches, romped into the semi-finals of the Brisbane International on Friday with a 6-2, 6-2 thrashing of Marcos Baghdatis.
The world number four, bidding to break his grand slam drought at the Australian Open in Melbourne later this month, had been less than convincing in his two previous matches but was ruthless against the Cypriot.
The 24-year-old Briton broke the former Australian Open finalist`s serve on all four opportunities he got and served out in just 66 minutes.
Australian Open champion Kim Clijsters meets Slovakia`s Daniela Hantuchova in the first women`s semi-final later on Friday, while Francesca Schiavone meets Estonia`s Kaia Kanepi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant