Murray beats Dolgopolov to win Brisbane title
Brisbane: A ruthless Andy Murray powered his way to a 6-1, 6-3 win over injury-hampered Alexandr Dolgopolov to win the Brisbane International and take a timely shot of confidence ahead of the Australian Open.
Murray won an enthralling quarter-final in four sets over the Ukrainian at Melbourne Park last year, but the re-match at Pat Rafter Arena failed to come alive with a grimacing Dolgopolov dragging an injured right leg around the court.
Murray showed him little sympathy, however, as he ran the pony-tailed Dolgopolov ragged with sweetly struck shots into the corners to wrap up the match in 66 minutes.
After breaking Dolgopolov to lead 3-1 in the first set, Murray won a further seven successive games before Dolgopolov finally held serve in the second and grinned as he raised his arms aloft in mock triumph.
Dolgopolov then clawed back to 4-3 after breaking Murray`s serve with a searing forehand cross-court winner, but lost his own serve to love to surrender the match meekly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader