Murray charges through to US Open quarter-finals
New York: Andy Murray charged into the quarter-finals of the US Open on Thursday with a 6-2, 6-3, 6-3 win over American wildcard Donald Young.
The world number four wasted no time booking his place in the last eight after the previous two days at Flushing Meadows were washed out by rain, wrapping up the victory in just under two hours.
Murray`s next opponent will be either Frenchman Gilles Simon or big-serving American John Isner with defending champion Rafa Nadal looming in the semi-finals.
The two-day rain delay forced tournament officials to hastily rearrange the schedule, leaving Murray facing the daunting prospect of having to win four matches in four days to win his first grand slam title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical