Nadal makes winning return with doubles
Santiago: Tennis former world No. 1 Rafael Nadal made a winning return to the circuit after being out for more than seven months due to a left knee injury.
The Spaniard partnered Juan Monaco to beat Frantisek Cermak and Lukas Dlouhy from Czech Republic 6-3, 6-2 in the VTR clay-court tournament here Tuesday.
Nadal, who was bothered by a lingering knee problem, had not played since June 28 when he was upset in the second round of Wimbledon Open.
"The knee, I said it when I got here. I would prefer not to keep talking about the topic," Nadal said. "At the end of the day the doctors have said it`s OK. There is no risk of making it worse. My knee keeps hurting. But the fact I am playing here is a thing of joy."
"I am not 100 percent, I need some weeks," he added. "If it hurts, it hurts and we`ll put up with it. I am here to play tennis, with or without pain. ...I`m happy to have played an official game, although it was doubles."
Nadal will play in singles Wednesday against Argentine Federico Delbonis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you