No end to tennis row, players reject AITA proposal
New Delhi: The crisis that has rocked Indian tennis escalated on Monday with the players rejecting the compromise formula offered by the AITA, which in turn has now decided not to bend its back any more.
The eight revolting players, led by Somdev Devvarman, sent their response to the national tennis body this evening and demanded that all their demands be fulfilled.
The AITA, however, is no mood to listen to the players and has warned that the national tennis body would not mind going ahead with the South Korea tie without them.
It has also been learnt that the players are not happy with the AITA sharing its proposal with the media.
"They want us to reconsider our proposal. They want us to agree to all of their demands. But whatever we have had to offer we have. We have extended out maximum support," AITA CEO Hironmoy Chatterjee told PTI.
"They are trying to enter area to which they have no obligation and prerogative. A player can not be administrator, selector and a player at the same time," a fuming Chatterjee said.
The senior AITA official said they cannot offer more to the players and will field only those for the South Korea tie, who will make themselves available.
"We have a selection meeting on the 11th and if players want to play they will have to make themselves available. If they do not want to play, it`s their choice," Chatterjee said, sending out a stern warning to the players.
The AITA, yesterday, accommodated many of the players` demands by replacing coach Nandal Bal with Zeeshan Ali. It also removed Dr Vece Paes and physiotherapist Sanjay Singh and promised to seek their replacements from the Sports Authority of India (SAI).
The AITA also increased the players share in the Davis Cup prize money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi