Paes, Stepanek in Indian Wells pre-quarterfinals
Indian Wells (USA): Fourth seeds Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek fought their way into the pre-quarterfinals of the ATP Indian Wells Masters tournament after a tough first round win over unseeded Jerzy Janowicz and Philipp Kohlschreiber, here.
The Indo-Czech pair needed a Super Tie Breaker to beat the Polish-German team 7-6(6) 3-6 10-5 in one hour and 38 minutes in their opening round of the USD 5,240,015 hard court event.
They next face wild card pair of Jonathan Erlich from Israel and Richard Gasquet from France.
Paes is the only Indian left in the men`s tournament after Rohan Bopanna`s defeat in the doubles along with his partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi. They had to lost to Swiss stars Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka.
Somdev Devvarman could not make the singles main draw after shock first round defeat in the Qualifiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened