Paes, Stepanek in Indian Wells pre-quarterfinals
Indian Wells (USA): Fourth seeds Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek fought their way into the pre-quarterfinals of the ATP Indian Wells Masters tournament after a tough first round win over unseeded Jerzy Janowicz and Philipp Kohlschreiber, here.
The Indo-Czech pair needed a Super Tie Breaker to beat the Polish-German team 7-6(6) 3-6 10-5 in one hour and 38 minutes in their opening round of the USD 5,240,015 hard court event.
They next face wild card pair of Jonathan Erlich from Israel and Richard Gasquet from France.
Paes is the only Indian left in the men`s tournament after Rohan Bopanna`s defeat in the doubles along with his partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi. They had to lost to Swiss stars Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka.
Somdev Devvarman could not make the singles main draw after shock first round defeat in the Qualifiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh