Paes-Stepanek in quarters of Indian Wells Masters
Indian Wells (USA): Australian Open winners Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek saw off a stiff resistance from Juan Monaco and Kei Nishikori to advance to the quarter-finals of the ATP Indian Wells Masters here.
The seventh-seeded Indo-Czech pair scored a tough 7-6(5), 6-4 win in the second round over their unseeded opponents.
They will now fight it out with giant-killing Spanish pair of Marc Lopez and Rafael Nadal for a place in the last-four stage.
Lopez and Nadal had knocked out third seeds Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic in their opening round. The Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna had suffered a first round exit in the USD 4,694,969 hard court event.
They had lost to French pair of Julien Benneteau and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed