Paes-Tecau bow out of Thailand Open
Bangkok: Top seeded pair of Leander Paes and Horia Tecau were ousted from the ATP Thailand Open after losing a hard-fought semifinal against Eric Butorac and Paul Hanley, here on Friday.
The Indo-Japanese pair lost 7-6(6), 4-6, 8-10 to the fourth seeded American-Australian combination after battling for one hour and 47 minutes.
The two pairs had a breakpoint each in the first set but no one converted as the issue was stretched to a tie-breaker, where the top seeds prevailed.
Butorac and Hanley did not miss the only chance they got in the second set, breaking the rivals on one occasion to draw parity.
The Super Tie breaker was a close affair with Butorac and Hanley holding nerves to pocket crucial points and the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt