Paes-Tecau bow out of Thailand Open
Bangkok: Top seeded pair of Leander Paes and Horia Tecau were ousted from the ATP Thailand Open after losing a hard-fought semifinal against Eric Butorac and Paul Hanley, here on Friday.
The Indo-Japanese pair lost 7-6(6), 4-6, 8-10 to the fourth seeded American-Australian combination after battling for one hour and 47 minutes.
The two pairs had a breakpoint each in the first set but no one converted as the issue was stretched to a tie-breaker, where the top seeds prevailed.
Butorac and Hanley did not miss the only chance they got in the second set, breaking the rivals on one occasion to draw parity.
The Super Tie breaker was a close affair with Butorac and Hanley holding nerves to pocket crucial points and the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people