Pavlyuchenkova defeats Jankovic in Monterrey
Monterrey: Second-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia defeated top-seeded Jelena Jankovic 2-6, 6-2, 6-3 on Sunday to win her third WTA title and successfully defending the Monterrey Open championship she won a year ago.
Jankovic was seeking her 13th WTA tournament title and got off to a good start. But the Serb had problems in the final set.
Pavlyuchenkova broke Jankovic in the seventh game to lead 4-3. She then held serve and broke again in the final game - thanks partly to a double fault by Jankovic - to close out the match.
Pavlyuchenkova has won both matches she`s played against Jankovic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof