Pavlyuchenkova reaches quarterfinals at Monterrey Open
Monterrey: Second-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia defeated Melanie Oudin of the United States 6-2, 7-6 (6) on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals of the Monterrey Open hard-court tournament.
Top-seeded Jelena Jankovic of Serbia got off to a confident start to her tournament, downing Spain’s Lourdes Dominguez Lino 6-4, 6-1 in a first round match.
No. 8 Polona Hercog of Slovenia also reached the quarterfinals, defeating Barbora Zahlavova Strycova of the Czech Republic 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-2.
No. 6 Sara Errani of Italy was knocked out in the second round, beaten by Greta Arn of Hungary 4-6, 7-5, 6-4.
In a late first round match, Argentina’s Gisela Dulko eliminated No. 7 Iveta Benesova of the Czech Republic 6-2, 7-6 (3).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon