Pavlyuchenkova reaches quarterfinals at Monterrey Open
Monterrey: Second-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia defeated Melanie Oudin of the United States 6-2, 7-6 (6) on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals of the Monterrey Open hard-court tournament.
Top-seeded Jelena Jankovic of Serbia got off to a confident start to her tournament, downing Spain’s Lourdes Dominguez Lino 6-4, 6-1 in a first round match.
No. 8 Polona Hercog of Slovenia also reached the quarterfinals, defeating Barbora Zahlavova Strycova of the Czech Republic 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-2.
No. 6 Sara Errani of Italy was knocked out in the second round, beaten by Greta Arn of Hungary 4-6, 7-5, 6-4.
In a late first round match, Argentina’s Gisela Dulko eliminated No. 7 Iveta Benesova of the Czech Republic 6-2, 7-6 (3).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok