Rafael Nadal through to Brazil Open semis
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sao Paulo (Brazil): Spaniard Rafael Nadal has continued his recovery trail with another win to advance to the semi finals of the Brazil Open.
Taking on Argentina`s world number 78 Carlos Berlocq, Nadal took 2 hours and 24 minutes to come back from a set down to win the match 3-6, 6-4, 6-4.
Still playing nowhere near his best, the world number 5, and former world number 1, is playing only his second open in almost 8 months after a serious knee injury forced him out of the circuit for quite a while.
Nadal will now take on another Argentine, Martin Alund, in the semi finals which will be played on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured