Rod Laver tips Murray to win more slams
Edinburgh: Tennis legend Rod Laver has said that he believes Wimbledon Champion Andy Murray could win a lot more Grand Slams in his career and could be in the game`s history books by the time he retires.
According to The Scotsman, Laver, who is the only make player to twice win the calendar grand slam, was there to attend Murray`s historic victory at Wimbledon`s Centre Court.
The legend had admitted that only a lack of self-belief could hold Murray back from winning a string of slams to add to his US Open and Wimbledon crowns, the report said.
The former player went on to say that when he saw Murray playing a few years ago, he had never doubted that he carried the ability to beat the world`s best players and he had shown that recently after coming back with his kill shots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore