Rod Laver tips Murray to win more slams
Edinburgh: Tennis legend Rod Laver has said that he believes Wimbledon Champion Andy Murray could win a lot more Grand Slams in his career and could be in the game`s history books by the time he retires.
According to The Scotsman, Laver, who is the only make player to twice win the calendar grand slam, was there to attend Murray`s historic victory at Wimbledon`s Centre Court.
The legend had admitted that only a lack of self-belief could hold Murray back from winning a string of slams to add to his US Open and Wimbledon crowns, the report said.
The former player went on to say that when he saw Murray playing a few years ago, he had never doubted that he carried the ability to beat the world`s best players and he had shown that recently after coming back with his kill shots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi