Roger Federer wishes well for Stanislas Wawrinka
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
London: It is for the first time since 2002, that Federer is vying for a spot in the top eight to qualify for ATP World tours.
This time he has competition in form of Stanislas Wawrinka and Richard Gasquet. Federer is only five points behind Wawrinka, but only 25 points ahead of Richard Gasquet.
Compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka is a close friend of Federer. The Swiss was quoted saying that he would be happy if Wawrinka qualifies.
"I`ll be happy if Stan qualifies,” Federer told a leading tennis website.
“If that means I`ll miss it, I honestly don`t care. It means he was the better player for the year. I`m always happy for his results. I don`t see it as a rivalry as such. We`ll see at the end of Paris how it`s all going to pan out. But clearly with Murray not playing it gives an extra spot and a little more air for both of us. I hope he can play a great tournament,” said Federer.
The Swiss maestro definitely knows how to maintain friendships. Cheers to the Swiss bonding!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners