Roger Federer wishes well for Stanislas Wawrinka
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
London: It is for the first time since 2002, that Federer is vying for a spot in the top eight to qualify for ATP World tours.
This time he has competition in form of Stanislas Wawrinka and Richard Gasquet. Federer is only five points behind Wawrinka, but only 25 points ahead of Richard Gasquet.
Compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka is a close friend of Federer. The Swiss was quoted saying that he would be happy if Wawrinka qualifies.
"I`ll be happy if Stan qualifies,” Federer told a leading tennis website.
“If that means I`ll miss it, I honestly don`t care. It means he was the better player for the year. I`m always happy for his results. I don`t see it as a rivalry as such. We`ll see at the end of Paris how it`s all going to pan out. But clearly with Murray not playing it gives an extra spot and a little more air for both of us. I hope he can play a great tournament,” said Federer.
The Swiss maestro definitely knows how to maintain friendships. Cheers to the Swiss bonding!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details