Roger Federer wishes well for Stanislas Wawrinka
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
London: It is for the first time since 2002, that Federer is vying for a spot in the top eight to qualify for ATP World tours.
This time he has competition in form of Stanislas Wawrinka and Richard Gasquet. Federer is only five points behind Wawrinka, but only 25 points ahead of Richard Gasquet.
Compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka is a close friend of Federer. The Swiss was quoted saying that he would be happy if Wawrinka qualifies.
"I`ll be happy if Stan qualifies,” Federer told a leading tennis website.
“If that means I`ll miss it, I honestly don`t care. It means he was the better player for the year. I`m always happy for his results. I don`t see it as a rivalry as such. We`ll see at the end of Paris how it`s all going to pan out. But clearly with Murray not playing it gives an extra spot and a little more air for both of us. I hope he can play a great tournament,” said Federer.
The Swiss maestro definitely knows how to maintain friendships. Cheers to the Swiss bonding!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves