Roger Federer wishes well for Stanislas Wawrinka
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
London: It is for the first time since 2002, that Federer is vying for a spot in the top eight to qualify for ATP World tours.
This time he has competition in form of Stanislas Wawrinka and Richard Gasquet. Federer is only five points behind Wawrinka, but only 25 points ahead of Richard Gasquet.
Compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka is a close friend of Federer. The Swiss was quoted saying that he would be happy if Wawrinka qualifies.
"I`ll be happy if Stan qualifies,” Federer told a leading tennis website.
“If that means I`ll miss it, I honestly don`t care. It means he was the better player for the year. I`m always happy for his results. I don`t see it as a rivalry as such. We`ll see at the end of Paris how it`s all going to pan out. But clearly with Murray not playing it gives an extra spot and a little more air for both of us. I hope he can play a great tournament,” said Federer.
The Swiss maestro definitely knows how to maintain friendships. Cheers to the Swiss bonding!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand