Rohan Bopanna loses in Paris Masters quarterfinal
Paris: Indian tennis player Rohan Bopanna and his French partner Edouard Roger-Vasselin lost their Paris Masters men`s doubles quarterfinal tie here.
The fifth seeds dragged the match to the third set on Court 1 but lost to Croatian-Brazilian fourth seeds Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo. Dodig-Melo won 7-6(5), 3-6, 10-4 Friday.
After sharing a set each, Dodig and Melo went all out in the super tie break winning all their points on their first serve while Bopanna and Roger-Vasselin were able to win only one of the seven return points.
Overall, the Indian-French pair also made twice the number of double faults, six, than their opponents which put them on the back foot at crucial junctures of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad