Rome Masters: Djokovic storms into third round
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Leaving behind his fourth round loss at Madrid earlier this month, world number one Novak Djokovic defeated Bernard Tomic 6-3, 6-3 to reach the third round of Rome Masters on Tuesday.
“It was a good match for me to start with. (Tomic) has a lot of talent and he changes things up well, so you don`t know what to expect — that`s what makes him dangerous," he was quoted as saying by a news agency.
On the other hand, world number four Andy Murray had to slug it out hard for a victory against David Nalbandian on his 25th birthday. After claiming the first set with ease, he lost the second and fought hard to clinch the final as he won 6-1, 4-6, 7-5.
"After the last couple of weeks I have had, I am so happy to win. Getting the break back immediately in the third was important and I got a bit lucky at the end but I went for it and sometimes you make your luck," he said after the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!