Rome Masters: Djokovic storms into third round
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Leaving behind his fourth round loss at Madrid earlier this month, world number one Novak Djokovic defeated Bernard Tomic 6-3, 6-3 to reach the third round of Rome Masters on Tuesday.
“It was a good match for me to start with. (Tomic) has a lot of talent and he changes things up well, so you don`t know what to expect — that`s what makes him dangerous," he was quoted as saying by a news agency.
On the other hand, world number four Andy Murray had to slug it out hard for a victory against David Nalbandian on his 25th birthday. After claiming the first set with ease, he lost the second and fought hard to clinch the final as he won 6-1, 4-6, 7-5.
"After the last couple of weeks I have had, I am so happy to win. Getting the break back immediately in the third was important and I got a bit lucky at the end but I went for it and sometimes you make your luck," he said after the match.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani