Sania-Bethanie advance to 2nd round of Madrid Open
Madrid: Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands overcame a fighting Daniela Hantuchova and Anabel Medina Garrigues in a three-set battle to progress to the pre-quarterfinals of the WTA Madrid Open, here.
The fifth seed Indo-American pair had to work hard for a 7-6(3), 4-6, 10-4 win over the Slovakian-Spanish combo in one hour and 46 minutes in the opening round of the euro 4,033,254 clay court tournament.
They next face winner of the other first round contest between Garbine Muguruza/Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor and Lucie Safarova/Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!