Sania-Bethanie advance to 2nd round of Madrid Open
Madrid: Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands overcame a fighting Daniela Hantuchova and Anabel Medina Garrigues in a three-set battle to progress to the pre-quarterfinals of the WTA Madrid Open, here.
The fifth seed Indo-American pair had to work hard for a 7-6(3), 4-6, 10-4 win over the Slovakian-Spanish combo in one hour and 46 minutes in the opening round of the euro 4,033,254 clay court tournament.
They next face winner of the other first round contest between Garbine Muguruza/Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor and Lucie Safarova/Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!