Sania-Bethanie win Brisbane title
Brisbane: Sania Mirza began her 2013 campaign in style by winning the Brisbane International tennis tournament with American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands here Saturday.
Sania-Bethanie edged out Czech-German duo of Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Kveta Peschke 4-6, 6-4, 10-7 in a battle lasting little over one hour thirty minutes. There was very little to choose between the teams until the Indo-American combine clinched the issue in the super tie-break.
The win has come at the right time for Sania-Bethanie, who would like to maintain their impressive run in the Australian Open beginning Jan 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Four Pakistan-backed terrorists killed, 1 apprehended in J&K's Naugam, encounter on
- National Museum gets new chief and he has an Ayodhya connection
- Solar Impulse 2 completes historic round-the-world trip: Incredible welcome for pilots in Abu Dhabi (Watch)
- Peru president elect eyes house arrest for Fujimori
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases