Sania retains 7th spot in doubles ranking
New Delhi: Coming off her 13th women`s doubles title at the Pattaya Open, Sania Mirza today retained her career-best seventh position in the latest WTA doubles rankings.
Sania, along with her Australian partner Anastasia Rodionova, had clinched the women`s doubles title at the Pattaya Open yesterday to stay inside the top-10 in doubles rankings and if she is able to retain her top 10 spot till June 21, she will get a direct entry into the London Olympics.
The Hyderabadi girl, who lost in the quarterfinals of the singles event in Pattaya Open, meanwhile, climbed up the singles` ladder to be at 97th from 111th position.
The top-64 players will get a direct entry into the singles draw of the Olympics and if Sania fails to get into that bracket, AITA will ask the organising committee for a wildcard entry.
In the ATP singles` rankings, Somdev Devvarman, who did not have a ideal start to the year as he was forced to pull out of both Chennai Open and Australian Open because of shoulder injury, slipped to 120th position.
Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna retained their seventh and 11th spot, respectively, in the ATP doubles rankings, while Mahesh Bhupathi gained a spot to climb to 15th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’