Serena, Li Na to feature in WTA Wuhan Open
Wuhan: Serena Williams and Li Na will lead a star-studded field at the inaugural WTA Wuhan Open in September.
Fabrice Chouquet, event director of the WTA premier-level tournament, told a press conference here Thursday that eight of the WTA Tour top 10 ranked players will be competing in the September 21-27 event, reports Xinhua.
Russia`s Maria Sharapova and Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic are also expected to show up in the tournament, according to Chouquet.
The Wuhan Open is one of three WTA events in China new to the calendar in 2014, bringing the total number of tournaments in the growing tennis hotbed to six. It is also one of two Premier-level stops in China.
Sandwiched in between Premier events in Tokyo and Beijing during the WTA`s Asia swing, the Wuhan Open will take place at the Wuhan Optical Valley Tennis Center.
Wuhan, the capital of Hubei Province and the most populous city in central China, is the hometown of two-time Grand Slam champion Li Na.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?