Somdev crashes out of Miami qualifiers
New Delhi: Youngster Somdev Devvarman went down fighting to third seed Ukrainian Illya Marchenko 4-6, 3-6 in second round qualifying match as India’s campaign at USD 3,645,000 Sony Ericsson Open came to an end in Miami, USA.
Somdev, who overcame David Guez of France in the first round of the qualifying stage, yesterday put up a spirited fight against Marchenko but the Ukrainian managed to get better of him.
Another Indian Yuki Bhambri had earlier crashed out of the tournament when he became a first-round casualty going down to top seed Denla Istomin as the Uzbek in a lop-sided affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016