Somdev crashes out of Miami qualifiers
New Delhi: Youngster Somdev Devvarman went down fighting to third seed Ukrainian Illya Marchenko 4-6, 3-6 in second round qualifying match as India’s campaign at USD 3,645,000 Sony Ericsson Open came to an end in Miami, USA.
Somdev, who overcame David Guez of France in the first round of the qualifying stage, yesterday put up a spirited fight against Marchenko but the Ukrainian managed to get better of him.
Another Indian Yuki Bhambri had earlier crashed out of the tournament when he became a first-round casualty going down to top seed Denla Istomin as the Uzbek in a lop-sided affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka