Stosur and long-time coach split
Sydney: Australia`s Samantha Stosur has split with her long-time coach David Taylor, the former US Open champion said on Saturday.
Stosur, 29, currently the world number 11, said Australia Fed Cup captain Alicia Molik would fill in for Taylor in an interim role at the US Open, starting in New York on August 25, before she considered her long-term options.
"After six years working together my coach David Taylor and I have decided to part ways," Stosur said in a statement on the Tennis Australia website.
"We`ve had a tremendous working relationship and I owe so much of my success to Dave`s hard work and enduring support.
"Dave and I started working together during my comeback from Lyme disease, one of the most challenging times of my life.
"His dedication during the many highs and lows of my career has been unwavering both on and off the court. I wish Dave all the very best for the future."
Taylor was with Stosur when she beat Serena Williams in the final of the 2011 US Open and he also had a hand in Molik`s rise to a career-high eighth in the world rankings in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP