US Open: Serena Williams v Venus Williams - Five facts you must know!
Five facts on Tuesday`s US Open quarter-final between Serena and Venus Williams:
New York: Five facts on Tuesday`s US Open quarter-final between Serena and Venus Williams:
- Serena and Venus have met 26 times, with Serena holding a 15-11 advantage overall, including 8-5 at Grand Slams. At the US Open, their series is tied 2-2
- The sisters are meeting at a Grand Slam for the 14th time. Only Chris Evert-Martina Navratilova met more often at the Slams (22)
- While Serena won their last meeting, on grass at Wimbledon, Venus won their last hardcourt meeting -- just over a year ago, in the Montreal semi-finals
- In semi-finals and finals, Serena leads 12-6, but Venus actually leads 5-3 in all other matches
- The most one-sided scoreline was Serena`s 6-1, 6-2 win in the semi-finals at Charleston in 2013. The only 6-0 set in the series occurred in round-robin action at the 2008 WTA Finals, with Venus a 5-7, 6-1, 6-0 victor.