Vardhan`s campaign ends in Tashkent Challenger
Tashkent: Indian Davis Cupper Vishnu Vardhan squandered a set lead to go down fighting against Denys Mulchanov of Ukraine in the pre-quarterfinals of the USD 125000 Tashkent Challenger.
Vardhan battled for two hours and 28 minutes before losing the thrilling singles encounter 6-7(4), 6-3, 7-5 to Mulchanov and crash out of the ATP tour event at the Olympic School Tennis courts.
The Ukraine`s fighting spirit can be gauge from the fact that at one stage he was down 2-4 in the third set but made a remarkable comeback to secure his place in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
Curtains also came down on Vardhan`s campaign in the doubles event as he and his partner Divij Sharan lost to third seeds John Paul Fruttero of USA and Raven Klaasen of South Africa in the quarterfinals.
Vardhan and Divij lost 5-7, 1-6 to their higher-ranked opponents in the last eight round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP's Yashwant Sinha slams NDA policy towards Pakistan, hints at war-like-situation
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman