Vardhan`s campaign ends in Tashkent Challenger
Tashkent: Indian Davis Cupper Vishnu Vardhan squandered a set lead to go down fighting against Denys Mulchanov of Ukraine in the pre-quarterfinals of the USD 125000 Tashkent Challenger.
Vardhan battled for two hours and 28 minutes before losing the thrilling singles encounter 6-7(4), 6-3, 7-5 to Mulchanov and crash out of the ATP tour event at the Olympic School Tennis courts.
The Ukraine`s fighting spirit can be gauge from the fact that at one stage he was down 2-4 in the third set but made a remarkable comeback to secure his place in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
Curtains also came down on Vardhan`s campaign in the doubles event as he and his partner Divij Sharan lost to third seeds John Paul Fruttero of USA and Raven Klaasen of South Africa in the quarterfinals.
Vardhan and Divij lost 5-7, 1-6 to their higher-ranked opponents in the last eight round.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference