Vardhan`s campaign ends in Tashkent Challenger
Tashkent: Indian Davis Cupper Vishnu Vardhan squandered a set lead to go down fighting against Denys Mulchanov of Ukraine in the pre-quarterfinals of the USD 125000 Tashkent Challenger.
Vardhan battled for two hours and 28 minutes before losing the thrilling singles encounter 6-7(4), 6-3, 7-5 to Mulchanov and crash out of the ATP tour event at the Olympic School Tennis courts.
The Ukraine`s fighting spirit can be gauge from the fact that at one stage he was down 2-4 in the third set but made a remarkable comeback to secure his place in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
Curtains also came down on Vardhan`s campaign in the doubles event as he and his partner Divij Sharan lost to third seeds John Paul Fruttero of USA and Raven Klaasen of South Africa in the quarterfinals.
Vardhan and Divij lost 5-7, 1-6 to their higher-ranked opponents in the last eight round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof