Vasanti loses in first round of Ganesh Naik ITF Championships
Vashi: Wild card entrant Vasanti Shinde of India went down to second seeded Diana Marcinkevica of Latvia 1-6 4-6 in the first round of the of the USD 25000 Ganesh Naik ITF Women`s Tennis Championships here monday.
World ranked 229th, Marcinkevica gave tennis lessons to the young Indian during their an hour and 15-minute battle.
Meanwhile, third seeded and 263rd ranked Gioia Barberi of Italy made the second round after her opponent Serbian Tamara Curvoic retired due to exhaustion with the scorecard reading 7-5 2-6 2-0.
Thai girl Plipuech Peangtam outplayed Russian Anna Morgina 6-0 6-0 in just 48 minutes to enter the next round.
In a doubles first round match, second seeds Krgysztan`s Ksenia Palkina and Jade Windley of Great Britain combined to oust Indian wild card entrant Rutuja Bhosale and Rishika Sunkara 6-2 6-4 to make it to the last eight stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details