Nadal not ready to turn back on Wimbledon despite third successive flop
Johannesburg: World No. 1 Rafael Nadal is reportedly not ready to turn his back on Wimbledon despite a third successive flop at the tournament as he lost to 19-year-old Nick Kyrgios in a four-set pre-quarter-final round.
Nadal, who holds a record nine French Open titles and a staggering match record of 66 wins to just one defeat at the Roland Garros, is reportedly enduring diminishing returns at the All England Club .
Nadal, who was champion in 2008 and 2010 and runner-up for a third time in 2011, was beaten in the second round in 2012, the first round last year and fell in the last-16 to Australian rookie Kyrgios on Tuesday losing 6-7 (5/7), 7-5, 6-7 (5-7), 3-6 at Wimbledon, Sport24 reported.
Nadal`s record at the tournament now stands at 39 wins and eight losses while he has a similar 41-8 at both the US Open and Australian Opens.
Despite the early exit, Nadal remains confident that he can bad another title at Wimbledon, saying that he tried his best against Kyrgios, as he always does when his physical performance gives him the chance to try his best.
Nadal said that the last two years he did not have that chance to try his best because his knee was not right to compete, but this year, he added, he felt that the knee was right to compete.
Nadal also said that he competed and thinks that he competed well, adding that it was not enough, but that`s sport and life continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof