Kejriwal took to Twitter and wrote, “Many CMs complaining of unconstitutional interference by Governors to favour BJP. Is this coop federalism?”
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday urged President Pranab Mukherjee for his immediate intervention for replacement of acting state Governor Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya who has allegedly "converted his office into an annex of BJP office".
In a letter to PM, Assam CM Tarun Gogoi said Moran, Muttock, Tai Ahom, Koch-Rajbongshi, Sootea and Tea Tribes should be recognised as ST.
APCC president Anjan Dutta said that they would protest outside Raj Bhavan every day if the Centre does not remove Acharya within the stipulated time.
Assam Chief Minister appealed to the central government to involve ULFA leader Anup Chetia in the ongoing peace talks with the insurgent group.
Rameswar Teli, a BJP Lok Sabha member from Assam, on Tuesday alleged that litterateurs from across the country returned their Sahitya Akademi awards for money. He later apologised, saying his statements were not intended to hurt anyone.
Being the constitutional head of two states Acharya is expected to be more careful in his utterances, Nagaland PCC President K Therie said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said to keep the unity of the state intact a person with a broad mind should be appointed as the governor of the state.
Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal did not rule out a tie up with AGP in Assembly elections early next year in Assam.
Sarbananda Sonowal -- the Lok Sabha member from Assam's Lakhimpur constituency -- replaces Siddarth Bhattacharya.
Assam's Barak Valley was brought on the broad gauge rail map on Saturday, with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagging off the inaugural passenger train in a long-awaited development that is expected to boost the region's economy.
Apparently learning quick lessons from the Bihar debacle, BJP on Saturday appointed Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal as its Assam unit President and also as the head of election management committee ahead of next year's Assembly polls, signalling that he could be its chief ministerial face.
ULFA leaderAnup Chetia has been sent to five days custody of the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Deported ULFA leader Anup Chetia was brought here on Wednesday by the CBI on a transit remand and produced before the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate amid tight security.
The Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) on Monday expelled nine party legislators after they recently joined the BJP.
As speculation continues that deported ULFA general secretary Anup Chetia will join the talks between the terror group and the central government, a senior member of the pro-talks group and the organisation's "foreign secretary", Sashadhar Choudhury, has said this will only legitimise the peace process and not necessarily bring about any qualitative change.
A hardcore cadre of the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), who was also wanted by the National Investigating Agency (NIA), was gunned down on Saturday during an encounter with the security forces in Assam's Chirang district.
A man was killed and five others were seriously injured by a herd of wild elephants at Jhanjimukh area in Assam's Jorhat district, a police officer said.
The Assam Government would be providing housing facilities to all 'Harijans', Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said today at the foundation stone laying ceremony of Solapara Harijan Housing Colony here.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi should not take credit for ULFA leader Anup Chetia's deportation from Bangladesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is considering the proposal to recognise six communities in Assam as Scheduled Tribes (ST), a demand strongly backed by the ULFA.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday said Islamic militants and Maoists are active in the state but his government was keeping a strict vigil on their activities.
Nine Congress MLAs in Assam have formally joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday in presence of several senior leaders.
BJP had emerged the largest winner in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections winning 7 seats out of 14 in Assam.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to initiate necessary steps for immediate release of funds from the DoNER Ministry.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday accused Union Minister Kiren Rijiju of trying to spread "false propaganda" that Jawaharlal Nehru had "let the people of Northeast region down during the 1962 Indo-China war".
Four hardcore NDFB(S) militants have been apprehended by security forces during a joint operation in Assam's Chirang district.
Assam Chief Minister said Prime Minister Narendra Modi's message on unity in diversity against the backdrop of incidents of growing intolerance in the country.
Maoists are planning to make fresh recruitments, specially targetting the age group of 12-year-olds and above as they were running short of manpower in Assam.
A newly-married woman has allegedly been gang-raped and her husband severely beaten up by seven persons in Assam's Kamrup district, police said on Friday.
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- See inside: Gorgeous Kajol, Kareena, Alia on Vogue cover!
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos – Players to watch out for
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader