Several Bodo organisations on Monday blocked rail movement for 12 hours, disrupting train connectivity in the northern part of Assam since early morning.
The minority communities include Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians.
All Bodo Students Union President Promod Boro said rail tracks will be blocked at Basugaon and Udalguri to press the government on their demand.
NDFB leader, Ranjan Daimary, who has joined the peace process, has declined to join the revival plan for Bodoland.
The Election Commission on Monday announced schedule of bypolls to four Lok Sabha and eight Assembly seats to be held on November 19.
In a letter to Modi, he urged him to take up the matter with China as such a dam would cause irreparable damage and cripple the economy of Assam.
Assam government has decided to develop three major sites around Guwahati--Kamakhya Temple, Umananda and Gandhi Mandap--to promote them as places of tourist and spiritual attraction, Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said today.
An RSS volunteer had filed a defamation suit against Gandhi last year.
An RSS volunteer Anjan Bora had filed the criminal defamation case against Rahul Gandhi.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will arrive in this Assam city on Thursday to appear before a local court here in a defamation case, a party leader said.
Five labourers were killed and two others injured seriously in a road accident involving three vehicles on National Highway 37 at Dharatul in Morigaon district of Assam on Wednesday, police said.
The Assam Secretariat has decided to make certain improvements in the e-pass system for visitors with effect from October 1 next.
In a major breakthrough, the authorities on Monday arrested six operatives belonging to the Bangladesh-based terror outfit Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen, which is believed to have played a role in the Burdwan blast case.
At least six Karbi Peoples Liberation Tigers (KPLT) militants, including two of its top leaders, were killed and an army man was injured in an encounter with security forces in the early hours in Karbi Anglong district of Assam today.
At least eight people had a miraculous escape on Thursday after their helicopter made an emergency landing at Nagaon in Assam following a technical snag.
Reiterating that the state's tribal society needs to be uplifted from illiteracy and poverty, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Sunday said that all illegal encroachment on lands of tribals would be removed and the rights of these sons of the soil would be upheld at any cost.
The anti-talk faction of ULFA militants had on August 22 released the video footage of a youth abducted from Assam and demanded a ransom of Rs one crore.
The 352 square km island was till now a subdivision of Jorhat district. With the upgrade, it has become the 35th district of Assam.
In another blow to the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland, Assam Police said a senior cadre of the outfit was a gunned down early on Tuesday after a gunfight in the state's Kokrajhar district.
Army Chief, Gen Dalbir Singh visited the Gajraj (4) Corps headquarters here on Tuesday and reviewed the operational readiness of the forces as well as the internal security situation in Assam, an army spokesman said.
In the wake of heavy rainfall in the basin of Barak river and its tributaries in Assam, the Central Water Commission on Friday said the river is expected to flow in "moderate to high flood situation" in the state and neighbouring Meghalaya and Manipur over the next few days.
Tension gripped Assam's Dibrugarh town on Wednesday following an assault and robbery of a girl student of the Dibrugarh University.
Several organisations led by the All Bodo Students' Union (ABSU) on Tuesday blocked national highways at several points in Assam to restart the movement for creation of a separate Bodo state.
Four persons were killed and three others critically injured after lightning struck this afternoon in Assam's Morigaon district.
Have you ever witnessed any frog getting married?
Bodo groups said they will block the national highways across Assam for five hours demanding solution to the problems of Bodo people.
Slamming the attitude of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government at the Centre, the All-Bodo Students` Union (ABSU) and several other Bodo civil society organisations have decided to revive their movement for a separate state on August 30.
To deal with annual flooding and erosion problem in Assam, the state government has decided to start dredging of the Brahmaputra river, Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said on Tuesday.
The Assam Police have sought the help of their Arunachal Pradesh counterparts to secure the release of Kuldeep Moran, son of a BJP leader, who was abducted by the Paresh Barua-led anti-talk ULFA-Independent on August 1 from that state.
A 3.1 magnitude earthquake struck Karbi Anglong district of Assam at 5.30 a.m. on Tuesday, reported the Indian Metrological Department (IMD). Aftershocks were felt in Guwahati as well.Further, an earthquake of 5.5 magnitude jolted regions along the Myanmar-India border at 7:11 a.m., said IMD.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- 'Ab ki baar, Trump sarkar' - Donald Trump borrows Narendra Modi's winning slogan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- India has sufficient material, technical capacity to produce 492 nuclear bombs, claims research by Pakistani think-tank
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest