The RSS and the Bajrang Dal were not extremist organisations but communal forces which were bent on disturbing peace in the state, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday said.
At least 66 people people have died of Japanese Encephalitis this year across Assam, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said on Monday.
A red alert has been issued across Assam following a terror attack in Gurudaspur district of Punjab, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said on Monday.
Gauhati High Court on Friday suspended proceedings for four weeks against BJP leader Subramanian Swamy in a lower court for allegedly delivering a hate speech on Ayodhya issue here in March and issued notice to Assam government and the complainant.
Huge quantities of explosives have been recovered at Hatkhola of Boko in Assam's Kamrup District.
Militant outfits in the northeast region frequently target innocent civilians, as a result of which, people in Assam have been protesting against the Paresh Baruah -led faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom following the killing of two Hindi-speaking people in Tinsukia district.
Acting on specific intelligence, the Army and Assam Police on Thursday arrested a suspected Kamtapur Liberation Oragnisation (KLO) terrorist in a joint operation.
NIA has filed charge sheet in five cases this month against 26 NDFB(S) militants accused in the killing of tribal villagers and members of the minority community in three Assam districts last year.
Buckling under pressure of the opposition and a section of own party colleagues, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday announced setting up of an inquiry commission to probe alleged irregularities in state civil services examinations and recruitment.
An 8-year child was killed and a 10-year-old was injured in an attack by unidentified men inside a video hall in Dima Hasao district.
After over six months of probe, NIA on Wednesday filed a chargesheet against four people allegedly belonging to NDFB-S terror group for the killing of 36 people in Assam's Sonitpur area last year.
Security forces on Tuesday apprehended an alleged militant belonging to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (Songbjit) from Assam's Kokrajhar region.
Sixteen persons have been arrested in connection with the beheading of a woman by branding her a witch at a village in Sonitpur district.
Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi on Tuesday called upon the youth to join him in his "ambitious campaign of protecting 100 billion left out children".
The flood situation in Assam remained serious on Tuesday with nearly 32,000 people in 35 villages hit by it.
Assam government on Tuesday announced to set up a dedicated fund for prevention, rescue and rehabilitation of trafficked children.
An NDFB(S) militant, suspected to have been involved in the massacre of adivasis in December last year, was killed in an encounter with security forces at Amteka in Chirang district of Assam on Tuesday.
Three youths killed a 63-year-old woman in Assam on Monday after suspecting her to be a witch, police said. All three have been arrested.
A 60-year-old woman was beheaded on Monday allegedly by a group of villagers who suspected that she had been practising witchcraft in Assam's Sonitpur district.
Hundreds of people here on Sunday took to streets protesting against the actions of ULFA (I) militants who have been targeting unarmed people in Assam for many years.
Senior Congress leader and former MP Kirip Chaliha on Saturday alleged "serious corruption" in holding the state civil services examination and demanded a thorough probe by CBI into the irregularities.
A hardcore NDFB(S) cadre, carrying a reward of Rs five lakh on his head, was on Friday killed in an encounter with Assam police in Kokrajhar district, police said.
The National Human Rights Commission said on Friday it has issued notices to Defence Ministry and Assam Police over alleged sexual assault on three women, including a teenager, by Army personnel in the state.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Friday said the "safe haven" of insurgent groups in Myanmar was the biggest threat to the state and the region.
A CRPF jawan Friday allegedly shot dead his officer and injured four other colleagues when they were out on an operational task in Nalbari district of Assam.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday spoke to Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi about the killing of a Hindi-speaking businessman and his daughter by suspected ULFA militants in Tinsukia.
A massive joint operation by the Assam Police, Army, CRPF and SSB has been launched to nab the three suspected ULFA(I) cadres who killed two persons and injured three others of a family in Tinsukia district.
No Bru refugee has appeared before the Mizoram government officials for identification as bona fide residents of the state at the Asapara relief camp in North Tripura on the fourth day for identification today, Additional Secretary for Home Lalbiakzama said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday extended best wishes to the people of the state ahead of Eid.
A day after the ULFA killed two innocent civilians in Assam`s Tinsukia district, police in association with the army and paramilitary forces launched a massive operation on Wednesday to apprehend the culprits.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Terrorists came from Pakistan's Narowal area, say sources
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Watch: President Obama grooving to tunes of Lipala dance in Kenya
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment
- Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' beats 'Baahubali', celebrates Rs 400 crore worldwide collections
- How a domestic help turned into the world's richest – crazy story of a Kanpur woman!
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India