The territorial area of Upper Assam Division remains unchanged, while the districts of Darrang and Udalguri are included in the North Assam Division.
The security wall of around 15 websites of various government departments, including Assam Police, have been breached and their home pages defaced by unknown hackers.
Congress on Sunday decided to expel its nine MLAs in Assam for "dissidence and anti-party activities" for which orders will be issued within a week.
Indrani Mukerjea's mother passed away in Guwahati on Thursday, as per media reports.
A militant of NDFB (Songbijit) faction allegedly involved in the killing of minority community people at Baksa last year was apprehended with arms and ammunition from Chirang district in Assam on Wednesday.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi's health worsened on Wednesday and was rushed to Guwahati for further treatment, reports said.
Hindu and Muslim religious fundamentalists have their presence in Assam, but are not seen to be active in the state, Director General of Police Khagen Sarma said on Tuesday.
Assam police is keeping a close watch on extremist militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria which has generated a lot of interest in the state going by the "hits in the Internet photos of ISIS", state DGP Khagen Sarma said on Tuesday.
The BJP`s 12-hour shutdown in Assam`s Barak Valley against Cachar district police chief Rajveer Singh`s alleged misbehaviour with party cadres and detention of some leaders, including Silchar legislator, drew a near total response.
About 20 people were missing after a boat carrying about 200 people capsized in a river in Assam`s Kamrup district on Monday.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday praised 'Super 30' founder and mathematician Anand Kumar for his work in tutoring children from underprivileged families and urged him to start a similar initiative for the poor students of Assam in Guwahati.
Indefinite curfew was on Saturday clamped in Agomoni police station area of Dhubri and prohibitory order under Section 144 CrPC promulgated in rest of the district following tension near a temple last night, a senior district official said.
A teacher of a government-aided school here has allegedly committed suicide with his family alleging that he was upset over non-payment of salary for the last 18 years.
A self-styled commander of NDFB(S) and his personal bodyguard were arrested from Assam's Chirang district, police said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday said he will write to the president, prime minister and the union home ministry about Governor P.B. Acharya, who he said was behaving like an "RSS and BJP activist" rather than the constitutional head of a state.
Large areas of Guwahati were waterlogged by flash floods following heavy rains that disrupted normal life and also caused a landslide near Kamakhya temple atop Nilachal Hill here on Wednesday.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday asked the Centre to resume talks with the pro-talk faction of insurgent outfit ULFA at the earliest.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Tuesday expanded his cabinet by inducting two former ministers Gautam Roy and Siddeque Ahmed, taking the total ministerial strength to 16.
The Assam government`s health department has suspended a nurse for embezzling funds from a scheme meant for pregnant women, officials said on Tuesday.
Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Sunday said Assam faces "threat" from illegal Muslim immigrants and not from Hindu or other minorities facing religious persecution in other countries.
Assam has turned out to be both a source and a transit point for human trafficking rackets, mainly due destruction caused by flood and its aftermath almost every year, Nobel Peace laureate Kailash Satyarthi said on Sunday.
The Indian Army and Assam Police have launched their "biggest operation" against Bodo militant outfit NDFB, particularly in places close to the international border with Bhutan, a top police official said on Saturday.
A final-year student of the Indian Institute of Technology-Guwahati (IIT-G) was on Friday found dead near his hostel, police said.
Miliki Baruah, the ailing mother of ULFA's militant 'commander' Paresh Baruah, on Thursday declined offer of financial assistance by the Assam government and urged Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to spend the money on the flood-hit people.
Assam Government has withdrawn the prohibition notification on two variants of Wai-Wai noodles declaring the products as safe for human consumption, an official release said here today.
Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh today termed the ongoing agitation in Assam against the Centre's decision to regularise stay of non-Muslim immigrants in India as "not normal" and "total misconception".
Former Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, who resigned as a legislator on Tuesday after he joined the BJP earlier, said it was due to the "family-centric" politics and "lack of democracy" in the Congress that forced him to quit.
Former Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, who recently joined BJP, today submitted his resignation from the state assembly to Speaker Pranab Gogoi.
Four people were arrested and a cache of explosives was recovered from them in Assam`s Cachar district, police said on Tuesday.
A World Bank team today apprised Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi about the preparation works on the US Dollar 300 million Assam Project on Agri-business and Rural Transformation (APART).
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- DNA: India and Germany sign 18 MoUs for cooperation
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Check out the general knowledge of these UP panchayat candidates
- DNA: Watch image of India-Pakistan border at night
- Indian economy badly affected due to terror attacks: Moody's
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Varanasi violence: Photos show police setting fire to bikes
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!
- Top 10 films of Salman Khan
- Jail sting reveals ex-UP minister Amarmani Tripathi's luxurious life in custody
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala
- Islamic State theatens 'the man who killed Osama bin Laden'
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan