Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav on Tuesday slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for undertaking frequent foreign visits.
Kumar, who belongs to the Extreme Backward Caste (EBC), is seventh-time legislator from Gaya town assembly seat in Gaya district.
Few political allies are as unlike each other as RJD chief and former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar, who recently took oath for the fifth time as the state's chief minister.
In a telephonic conversation with Kumar, Singh enquired about the incident that took place on Friday night, official sources said.
AIMIM had put up six candidates from constituencies in Seemanchal region and all of them lost in the wave in favour of the Grand Alliance comprising RJD, JD(U) and Congress.
Lalu Prasad's younger son sought to have a 'no nonsense' approach to governance saying he did not approve of people coming to meet him without work.
A mobile message allegedly threatening to "eliminate" Nitish Kumar was received by a private TV channel on Thursday.
In July, Nitish Kumar had declared that prohibition would be imposed if he retained power in the Assembly elections.
RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav's two of the most trusted senior IAS officers have been moved into departments held by the party patron's sons in the Bihar cabinet.
The image of the Delhi Chief Minister and Prasad embracing had gone viral and put Kejriwal's anti-graft credentials under serious question.
Stating that it was Nitish Kumar's perception and social engineering that did wonders for the grand alliance, Jan Adhikar Party chief Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav on Tuesday credited Kumar and not Lalu Prasad for the victory of JD(U)-RJD-Congress in the assembly polls.
Amid reports of some RJD and JD(U) MLAs grabbing official bungalows here of their choice, Lalu Prasad on Tuesday denounced such behaviour and reminded them of the "great responsibility on their shoulders to honour the huge mandate."
Yadav, who has been allotted the PWD ministry, said that his department's focus would on developing infrastructure.
According to a video, Narendra Modi is heard saying ‘akshanna’ instead of ‘akshunna’.
Bihar's recently appointed Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav, it seems, has found backing from the Janata Dal (United), one of the key members of the Mahagathbandhan.
The state cabinet in its first meeting this evening recommended convening session of the Legislative Assembly from November 30 to December 8.
Nitish has formed the government in Bihar as a leader of the Grand Alliance which includes Lalu Prasad Yadav's RJD and the Congress.
When it came to allotting the plum portfolio of deputy CM, Lalu chose 26-year-old Tejashwi over his elder son Tej Pratap. Here's why he may have done so:
Yesterday, in a grand event, Nitish Kumar swore in as the Chief Minister of Bihar for the fifth time at the Gandhi Maidan here.
Nitish Kumar, 64, who headed the Grand Alliance that worsted the Bharatiya Janata Party, kept with him the home, information and public relations as well as general administration ministries.
Nitish Kumar, who took the oath of office as chief minister on Friday, is an engineer by profession.
Importantly, Nitish Kumar has chosen to retain the home ministry with himself.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who had declined to campaign for Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, was seen hugging the former Bihar chief minister during the oath-taking ceremony of Nitish Kumar.
"Our chief minister is going there (Bihar) to fight against intolerance and mark her protest against the authoritarian attitude of the Centre," says TMC.
Samples of the fast food have been collected by police for forensic examination.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi accepted the invitation of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to be present at the swearing-in ceremony of his new government.
Ajit Kumar was attacked when he and his colleagues intervened during a clash between two communities.
Bihar Chief Minister designate Nitish Kumar on Wednesday extended invitation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the oath ceremony of his new government on Friday.
The Bihar Chief Minister has invited Karunanidhi for the swearing-in function.
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Bigg Boss: Rimi Sen to get evicted?
- Watch: Fierce Ranveer Singh in 'Malhari' song from 'Bajirao Mastani'
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Watch: Purification in Maharashtra's Shani temple after woman breaks tradition