Union Minister Upendra Kushwaha-led Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP) on Saturday released his party's manifesto for the upcoming Bihar assembly polls, promising to pay girl students their entire fee for technical and higher education outside the state, besides footing their air travel bill once a year.
Loudspeakers fell silent as a high-decibel vitriol-filled campaigning for 49 seats going to poll in the first phase of Bihar assembly elections ended this evening.
Keeping an eye on the Bihar elections, Shiv Sena (SS) which is contesting in 150 seats, on Saturday said that it never indulged in any kind of anti-migrant (Bihari) movement or atrocities on migrants.
Former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra Saturday revived his party Bhartiya Jan Congress (Rashtriya) and announced that he would work for the victory of BJP-led alliance at the hustings.
The sitting MLA and daughter-in-law of BJP veteran Kailashpati Mishra on Saturday quit the saffron party to join JD(U).
Foes-turned-allies Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad on Saturday slammed the 'dearth of leadership' in the Bharatiya Janata Party and mocked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for campaigning in Bihar as if he was the chief ministerial candidate in the upcoming elections.
BJP president Amit Shah said on Saturday Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar cannot develop Bihar and govern it carrying Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad's jungle raj on one shoulder and Congress' corruption on the other.
The election pledge by BJP allies HAM and LJP to extend job quotas to the private sector if the BJP-led alliance wins the Bihar elections has upset the state's upper castes.
Union Minister Jayant Sinha has admitted that the BJP made mistakes while picking candidates in the Bihar assembly elections.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday slammed Lalu Prasad Yadav for his recent remarks on beef, saying that the RJD supremo was raising unnecessary issues to divert people's attention from his failures in the state.
An independent candidate was shot at and seriously injured on Saturday in Bihar's Madhubani district and a time bomb was recovered near the gate of an out-of-favour BJP legislator who is contesting as independent candidate, police said.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Saturday hit out at Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah by branding him a 'narbhakshi' (cannibal) again, saying that the BJP was over and there was no hope for their victory in the upcoming Bihar elections.
Condemning the remarks on beef made by Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, Union Minister of State for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Giriraj Singh on Saturday said that the 'whole clan of RJD has gone mad.'
Campaigning for the first phase of the Bihar Assembly elections will end on Saturday and 49 constituencies will go to poll in this phase on Monday.
In what can bring in huge embarrassment for Lalu Prasad Yadav, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Raghuvansh Prasad Singh on Saturday said that in Vedas it is mentioned that 'rishis' and 'maharishis' used to consume beef.
Reservation will be extended to the private sector if LJP is voted to power in Bihar, its president Ram Vilas Paswan said on Friday while ruling out any change in the existing quota policy, even that "of a coma or full stop".
Women, who are an important half of the Bihar population, seem to trust Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA over JD(U)-RJD alliance when it comes to their safety, education and overall development, a survey predicted on Friday.
A poll survey on Friday projected a majority for the Narendra Modi-powered National Democratic Alliance (NDA) in the upcoming high-stakes Bihar Assembly Elections.
A poll survey has predicted that a majority of Hindu votes will go to the NDA whereas JD(U)-RJD alliance will be a favourable choice for Muslims and Yadavs.
An FIR was filed against Sharad Yadav for poll code violation.
PM Modi on Friday warned that RJD chief Lalu Prasad will "remote control" Bihar if the grand alliance came to power after polls.
Two school children were crushed to death by a truck in Bihar's Buxar district on Friday.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav has countered Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Shaitan' jibe by calling a 'Pisaach'.
In his fiercest attack yet on Narendra Modi, RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, Friday, called the Prime Minister a 'Brham Pisaach' and vowed to push him out of Bihar.
PM Modi on Friday appealed to voters in Bihar to vote for development and reject 'Jungle Raj'.
RJD on Friday filed case with EC against PM Modi for calling Lalu Yadav 'shaitan'
A tribal woman was branded a witch and lynched in a village in Bihar's Katihar district following a panchayat directive, police said here on Friday.
Acknowledged as a master orator by followers and political adversaries alike, Narendra Modi is poised to set a record ahead of the Bihar assembly elections: addressing around 40 rallies as the star campaigner of the BJP-led NDA - the most by any recent prime minister.
Two poll surveys on Wednesday projected a majority for the 'grand coalition' of JDU-RJD-Congress in Bihar Assembly polls.
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- DNA: Final result of Zee News survey on Bihar polls
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Ignore provocative politicians, listen to Pranab Mukherjee: Narendra Modi
- CM Arvind Kejriwal sacks Asim Ahmed Khan over allegations of corruption
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Zee Media brings you the biggest survey- Part II
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Zee Media brings you the biggest survey
- DNA: Analysing smart schools of America
- Farmer's lands wiped out for Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Bihar elections: Exclusive pre-poll survey predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?
- WATCH: First video of Sachin Tendulkar, Shane Warne's Cricket All Stars!
- 'Jazbaa' movie review: It runs at a breakneck speed!
- 'Afghan Taliban open to peace talks; Haqqani, al Qaeda not'
- Saudi woman, who chopped off Indian maid's hand, arrested
- Bihar poll survey: Majority of Hindus, OBCs favour NDA; Muslims,Yadavs to vote for JD(U)-RJD
- Vijender Singh looks to live upto hype in pro boxing debut today
- Our plans scuttled after Eden Gardens washout, says MS Dhoni
- See in pic: Sharp, fierce Salman Khan in 'Sultan' first look
- Sangeet Som, `saviour` of cows, is director of meat processing unit?
- Revealed! The best sexual position to get pregnant